Quick Cache v141110 was released on November 10th, 2014. This release includes 1 important announcement, 7 new enhancements, and 7 bug fixes.
Quick Cache is changing its name!
Quick Cache is changing its name to ZenCache! Read the full announcement post here.
Complete Changelog for Quick Cache v141110
- Quick Cache is changing its name to ZenCache! See the blog post for full details.
- Enhancement: All dashboard notices will now include the number of files cleared for each notice. Props @jaswsinc. See #351.
- Enhancement: Quick Cache is now capable of doing atomic clearing/purging/wiping. On a Multisite network, this is now accomplished on a blog-specific basis, without needing to scan the entire network-wide cache directory. This should improve performance considerably on large networks (i.e. those with VERY large cache directories). Props @jaswsinc. See #288 and #351.
- Enhancement: Added a new class file (
/includes/utils-feed.php) and refactored the XML feed clearing routine. With these utilities in place, the
auto_clear_xml_feeds_cache()method is now much easier to deal with and comprehend. Props @jaswsinc. See #351.
- Enhancement: Quick Cache now scans each scheme sub-directory, i.e.
/https/, separately to help break apart what was previously a much larger directory scan for sites that serve pages over both schemes. This will improve performance on both standard and Multisite network installs. See #351.
- Enhancement: Refactored codebase to improve modularity by creating new methods in
includes/share.phpfor network-wide clearing/purging/wiping, host/blog-specific clearing/purging/wiping, recursively deleting a directory, assisting in translations, and several new string utilities. Props @jaswsinc. See #351.
- Enhancement: Renamed all
\quick_cache\plugin::auto_purge_*methods, giving them the proper prefix of
auto_clear_*instead to reflect proper Wipe/Clear/Purge terminology. Along with this, all of the
auto_purge_option keys have been renamed as well. See new Wipe/Clear/Purge wiki article for a description of these terms. Props @jaswsinc. See #351.
- Enhancement: All URI and Referrer exclusion patterns are now caSe insensitive. WordPress v4.0 will serve URIs without cAse sensitivity. All of the Quick Cache codebase has been updated to support caSe insensitive clearing/purging/wiping; along with caSe insensitive pattern matching against URIs. Props @jaswsinc. See #351.
- Bug Fix (Pro): Fixed a bug with the Auto-Clear Author Cache routine that was presenting dashboard notices even when
change_notifications_enablewas off. Props @jaswsinc. See #351.
- Bug Fix (Pro): Fixed a bug with the HTML Compressor where
scripttags could become out of order in certain scenarios. See: #45
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug that was occasionally generating "Fatal Error: 'Unable to clear dir'" messages. The root cause of this is believed to be non-atomic purging of cache directories which, on a busy site, could result in new cache files being created before a purging routine was finished clearing the directory. Clearing/purging/wiping is now atomic in all scenarios. Props @jaswsinc. See #288 and #351.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug in the Auto-Clear Custom Post Type Archive Cache that was not checking for the
$this->static[__FUNCTION__]. Props @jaswsinc. See #351.
- Bug Fix: Fixed a bug with the uninstaller whereby attempting to uninstall after receiving a notice that PHP 5.3+ is required would result in a blank screen and require manual removal of the plugin. See #334.
- Bug Fix: Fixed an issue with detecting cacheable requests that was, in rare instances, resulting in blank white pages for some site owners. See #279.
Upgrading to the Latest Version
Quick Cache LITE users should receive an update notification from within their WordPress Dashboard (Dashboard → Updates).
Quick Cache Pro users who have configured the Plugin Updater (Dashboard → Quick Cache → Plugin Updater) should receive a notification to upgrade on the WordPress Dashboard. If you have not configured the Plugin Updater, you can download the latest version of Quick Cache Pro by logging into your WebSharks-Inc.com account here.