This Quick Cache release candidate includes 2 enhancements and 2 bug fixes. You can download and try out this release using the links below. Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.
Quick Cache LITE
Quick Cache LITE beta testers: Download Quick Cache LITE v141229 Release Candidate
Quick Cache Pro
Quick Cache Pro beta testers: Download Quick Cache Pro v141229 Release Candidate (you must be logged into your account at WebSharks-Inc.com to access this download)
- Deactivate and Delete any existing Quick Cache plugin via Dashboard -> Plugins
- Download the release candidate using one of the links above
- Install the release candidate you downloaded by going to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and selecting the downloaded zip file
- Activate Quick Cache
Changelog for Quick Cache v141229
- Bug Fix: We have had a few reports of getMTime Stat failing when clearing the cache. This fix clears the Stat Cache before iteration when deleting files from the cache directory. Props @jaswsinc. See #385.
- Bug Fix: Addressed another issue related to "Fatal Error: 'Unable to clear dir'" and tmp directories that don't get cleared by Quick Cache. This fix discards iteration references before renaming the tmp directories. Props @jaswsinc. See #288.
- Enhancement: Added a new filter (
quick_cache\\share_disable_cache_locking) to allow disabling cache locking. Simply return boolean
TRUEto this filter to disable cache locking. This may be useful for site owners who are experiencing issues with cache locking on web hosting platforms with filesystems that don't properly support locking. Note that this filter must be applied using an Advanced Cache Plugin (see WordPress Dashboard → Quick Cache → Plugin Options → Theme/Plugin Developers). See also #387.
- Enhancement: Added a new filter that allows forcing Semaphore cache locking on hosting platforms where
sem_get()is available and would result in improved performance. Return
quick_cache\\share::cache_lock_lock_typefilter to force Semaphore cache locking, or
flockto use the default method that uses
flock(). Note that this filter must be applied using an Advanced Cache Plugin (see WordPress Dashboard → Quick Cache → Plugin Options → Theme/Plugin Developers). See also #387.
Please note that when this version leaves beta and an official release is made, the WordPress Plugin Updater will automatically detect the new version on WordPress.org and ask you to upgrade (applies to Quick Cache LITE). If you're using Quick Cache Pro, please configure the Pro Plugin Updater (Dashboard -> Quick Cache -> Plugin Updater) so that you are notified when there is a new official release.
Please report bugs and feedback on GitHub.