WP KB Articles — a Post Type for WordPress®
- Stable tag: 131121
- Requires at least: 3.3
- Tested up to: 3.7.1
- Text Domain: wp-kb-articles
- License: GPLv2 or later
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
- Contributors: WebSharks
- Donate link: http://www.websharks-inc.com/r/wp-theme-plugin-donation/
- Tags: kb article, kb articles, ecommerce, e-commerce, post type, post types, utilities, posts, pages
Create KB Articles! This plugin adds a new Post Type.
This plugin is VERY simple; NO configuration options necessary.
This plugin adds a new Post Type. This plugin makes it SUPER easy to create KB Articles (as a separate Post Type in WordPress). This is a very lightweight plugin (for now). In the future we may add some additional functionality for KB Article integrations w/ other plugins.
After installing this plugin, create a new KB Article (find menu item on the left in your Dashboard). KB Articles are just like any other Post, except they have a different classification so that themes/plugins may identify KB Articles and/or separate them from other Posts.
Who can manage KB Articles in the Dashboard?
By default, only WordPress® Administrators can manage (i.e. create/edit/delete/manage) KB Articles. Editors and Authors can create/edit/delete their own KB Articles, but permissions are limited for Editors/Authors. If you would like to give other WordPress Roles the Capabilities required, please use a plugin like Enhanced Capability Manager.
Add the following Capabilities to the additional Roles that should be allowed to manage KB Articles.
$caps = array ( 'edit_kb_articles', 'edit_others_kb_articles', 'edit_published_kb_articles', 'edit_private_kb_articles', 'publish_kb_articles', 'delete_kb_articles', 'delete_private_kb_articles', 'delete_published_kb_articles', 'delete_others_kb_articles', 'read_private_kb_articles' );
NOTE: There are also some WordPress filters integrated into the code for this plugin, which can make permissions easier to deal with in many cases. You can have a look at the source code and determine how to proceed on your own; if you choose this route.
WP KB Articles is Very Easy to Install
- Upload the
/wp-kb-articlesfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress®.
- Create KB Articles in WordPress® (see: WordPress Dashboard → KB Articles).
Copyright: © 2013 WebSharks, Inc. (coded in the USA)
Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Credits / Additional Acknowledgments
- Software designed for WordPress®.
- GPL-Compatible License http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#license-faqs
- Bootstrap http://getbootstrap.com/
- Icons provided by Font Awesome.
- GPL-Compatible License http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/license/
- Font Awesome http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/
- Updating readme file and adding license file.
- Initial release.