WebSharks™ Support Policy
After completing checkout, you'll acquire an account which grants you access to our Customer-only Support Center where you can ask us technical questions.
When requesting assistance through our Support Center, please use the email address that is associated with your customer account. Depending on the Product(s) that you purchase, your customer account may reside at
s2member.com, or another site in the WebSharks™ network.
WebSharks™ offers its Products "as is", with no warranty or guarantee that they will function exactly as you wish, or with all 3rd-party components/plugins. Further, we offer no support via email (or otherwise) for the installation, customization or administration of WordPress® itself; or of other WordPress themes/plugins. We support our own Products only; i.e., we can't give general WordPress support or offer advice about things not specifically related to our Products.
Scope of Our Support Service
- If you are unable to install a Product that you purchased from WebSharks™, we are happy to help by providing how-to articles, video tutorials, or written assistance from a support representative.
- If you are confused about a Product feature, we are happy to assist you with clarification; which may include a written explanation from a support representative, links to relevant documentation, video tutorials and/or knowledge base articles. We'll help you understand what's to be expected from a specific feature.
- We are happy to receive feedback of any kind. If you have ideas or suggestions, please share them with a support representative using our online Support Center. We welcome this!
- If you discover a bug within any Product we would love to hear about it. This way it can be fixed in a future release, or as soon as possible.
We understand there is a fine line between what is considered support, and what is considered a "customization" and/or a "modification" to one of our Products. In short, we will try help our Customers in any way we can. However, we can't provide in-depth technical assistance (or offer ongoing advice) related to a customization or modification.
Technical support will thus take priority over any assistance with customizations or modifications. If you are requesting assistance in this regard, and it only requires us to publish a couple lines of code, we will gladly help you; or at least point you in the right direction.
If however, your inquiry requires more than a couple lines of code (quite common), we can only provide guidance, and you would then need to hire a freelancer if you don't have the skills to implement it yourself. We recommend jobs.wordpress.net, or another freelance website where WordPress® experts are offering their expertise through a bid on your project. Tip: the WordPress® Codex is a developer-friendly tool.
- We will not provide support and/or troubleshooting assistance for any Product which has been integrated with another 3rd-party theme or plugin. If you discover a bug, or an inconsistent behavior with a Product which is integrated into a mixture of other themes/plugins for WordPress®, we ask that you start by disabling all other plugins and revert to the default theme for your current version of WordPress®.
If problems persist, even in the default theme for WordPress®, and no other plugins are active, we are happy to help. Otherwise, if you are integrating our Products into a larger set of themes/plugins, we ask that you seek assistance from an experienced WordPress® developer who can do a full review of your site and make the proper recommendations (e.g., helping you resolve conflicts between all plugins working together).
- We will not assist with any custom features. If the feature you desire is not currently available in the Product you purchased, we are happy to receive feedback and feature requests. However, we will not be held to any deadline, and we will not be obligated to provide you with support for any feature which is not already a part of the Product you purchased. Please read our entire list of features before purchasing.
- We offer no support for the installation, customization, or administration of WordPress® itself, or of other WordPress® themes/plugins. We only offer support for our own Products. We can't give general WordPress® support that isn't related to our Products.
- We do not offer phone or live chat support. We offer assistance only through our online Support Center (i.e., via online contact forms only).
- We do not offer professional installation Service, customizations, or Services involving custom coding. If you need assistance in this regard, we recommend jobs.wordpress.net, or another freelance website where WordPress® experts are offering their expertise through a bid on your project. Upwork.com is another great example.
Other Terms & Conditions
~ click to expand/collapse these sections ~
Since WebSharks is offering digital goods which are non-tangible & irrevocable; we generally do not issue refunds. During checkout, upon clicking the "Submit" button, your purchase is charged to the credit/debit card that you supplied. All sales are final. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive a refund for a purchase. Please test the free version of our Products and ask questions before purchasing.
However, we will consider a refund within the first 30 days of your purchase if you are unable to install a Product due to a technical incompatibility that we are unable to resolve. Or, if the Product fails to perform basic functions, as designed. And, you HAVE already worked with and followed all advice presented by our support team in an effort to resolve these issues. Any refunds that are processed will be granted at the sole discretion of WebSharks, Inc. No refunds will be given after 30 days from the initial purchase whatsoever. By purchasing a Product from WebSharks you agree to the terms of our Refund Policy. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive a refund for a purchase.
When you purchase a "Pro" Product, each purchase includes one year (365 days) of access to support. You will also receive access to Product updates released in that time period, at no extra charge. After one year, you may continue to use the Product for as long as you wish. However, if you need ongoing support and/or access to future releases of the Product you purchased, a small renewal fee is required. Please check your "My Account" page on the site where you purchased the Product, for details regarding the renewal of your account.
We do not warranty or guarantee our Products in any manner. We cannot guarantee our Products will function with all 3rd-party components, plugins or web browsers. In addition, we are not responsible for any 3rd-party theme or plugin compatibility conflicts that may occur.
It is our policy to support all our Products as best we can. However, we will only provide assistance resolving 3rd-party theme or plugin conflicts at our own discretion; as time allows. Please report any known conflicts to a support representative for review. We may offer suggestions or alternatives.
We are not responsible for any data loss that may occur as a result of installing, running, and/or uninstalling any Product. Please remember to backup your files & database before installing, running, upgrading, and/or uninstalling any Product. If data loss does occur, please report it to a support representative for review. We may offer helpful advice.
Closing Statements / Acceptance / Changes
We reserve the right to change or modify our current Support Policy with no prior notice. If we decide to change our Support Policy we will post those changes on this page and/or update the modification date below. Any policy changes related to the purchase of a Product license will apply only to Products purchased after the date of the change.
This policy was last modified on:
December 13th, 2014